Lab 1: Getting Started
- Due: Thursday, January 18th no later than 11:59 p.m.
- Partner Information: Complete this assignment individually.
- Submission Instructions: Upload your solution, entitled
YourFirstName-YourLastName-Lab1.py to the BrightSpace Lab 1 Dropbox.
- Deadline Reminder: Once this deadline passes, BrightSpace will no
longer accept your Python submission and you will no longer
be able to earn credit. Thus, if you are not able to fully complete
the assignment, submit whatever you have before the deadline so that
partial credit can be earned.
- Meet your lab teaching assistant and classmates.
- Be able to modify a simple Python program.
- Be able to use Montana State's Course Management System,
Brightspace, to submit an assignment.
- Be able to modify your Brightspace profile to include a recognizable
photo or sketch.
- Download etch-a-sketch.py and
rename it according to the instructions above.
- Modify the code so that whenever the color is changed, both the
pencil and the border of the square (where you click
to change colors) change to the same new color.
Grading - 10 points
- 3 points - Brightspace contains a recognizable photo or sketch
no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, January 18th.
(Partial credit: 1 point for replacing the BrightSpace
default photo with anything, 2 points for
showing multiple people without it being clear who is you.)
- 3 points - A Python program named YourFirstName-YourLastName-Lab1.py
is submitted to the Brightspace
Lab 1 Dropbox no later than midnight on Thursday, January 18th.
- 4 points - The Python program is correct.
- All in-labs and programming assignments should be
graded with scores recorded in BrightSpace no later than
your lab time on the following Thursday.