Lab 1: Getting Started
- Due: Tuesday, September 3rd no later than 11:58 p.m.
- Partner Information: Complete this assignment individually.
- Submission Instructions: Upload your solution, entitled
YourFirstName-YourLastName-Lab1.py to the BrightSpace Lab 1 Dropbox.
- Deadline Reminder: Once this deadline passes, BrightSpace will no
longer accept your Python submission and you will no longer
be able to earn credit. Thus, if you are not able to fully complete
the assignment, submit whatever you have before the deadline so that
partial credit can be earned.
- Meet your lab teaching assistant and classmates.
- Be able to modify a simple Python program.
- Be able to use Montana State's Course Management System,
BrightSpace, to submit an assignment.
- Be able to modify your BrightSpace profile to include a recognizable
photo or sketch.
- At the start of the lab period, everyone will provide a one-minute
introduction. You can talk about whatever you like but if you aren't
sure what to talk about consider stating your name, your year in school,
your major, why you chose that major, your favorite hobby and a fun
factoid. This will help everyone get to know possible future programming
partners or study partners.
- Download etch-a-sketch.py and
rename it according to the instructions above.
- Modify the code so that whenever the color is changed, both the
pencil and the entire square (where you click
to change colors) change to the same new color. Hint: you only
need to make changes to the drawing_controls function.
Grading - 10 points
- 0 points - If you are having trouble installing Python,
bring your laptop to lab so that we can help you.
- 2 points - You attend lab and introduce yourself.
- 3 points - BrightSpace contains a recognizable photo or sketch
no later than 11:58 p.m. on Tuesday, September 3rd.
(Partial credit: 1 point for replacing the BrightSpace
default photo with anything, 2 points for
showing multiple people without it being clear who is you.)
- 2 points - A Python program named YourFirstName-YourLastName-Lab1.py
is submitted to the BrightSpace
Lab 1 Dropbox no later than 11:58 p.m. on Tuesday, September 3rd.
- 3 points - The Python program is correct.
- All in-labs and programming assignments should be
graded with scores recorded in BrightSpace no later than
your lab time on the following Tuesday.