Lab 2: Functions and Selection Statements
- Due: Thursday, January 25th no later than 11:59 p.m.
- Partner Information: Complete this assignment individually.
- Submission Instructions: Upload your solution, renamed to
YourFirstName-YourLastName-Lab2.py to the BrightSpace Lab 2
- Deadline Reminder: Once this deadline passes, BrightSpace will no
longer accept your Python submission and you will no longer
be able to earn credit. Thus, if you are not able to fully complete
the assignment, submit whatever you have before the deadline so that
partial credit can be earned.
- Gain experience writing a Python function.
- Gain experience writing Python selection statements.
- Download lab2.py and rename
it according to the instructions above.
- Modify the program by adding the missing function. The
missing function will use Python selection statements
to calculate the amount of tax that a single (unmarried)
taxpayer owes using the table below. If the missing function
is implemented correctly, this output
||For Single Individuals, Taxable Income Over
Grading - 10 points
- 7 points - Your program will be tested on seven incomes that are
not revealed until after your lab is submitted. For each
income where the correct tax is calculated, you will earn 1 point.
- 3 points - A function with the correct name (1 point), correct
parameters (1 point) and correct return value (1 point) is
used in the solution.
If Time Remains
Work on Program 1, seeking feedback as necessary. Program 1 is
due no later than Friday, January 26th at 11:59 p.m.