- Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington, 1997
- M.Sc., Computer Science, University of British Columbia, 1992
- B.Sc. (Honors), Mathematics, University of Alberta, 1990
Besides my university activities, I enjoy exploring the mountains around Bozeman and elsewhere with my wife Susan and our two kids. We also enjoy the excellent symphony and opera in Bozeman and I like to play bridge when I can find the time.
My research interests are broadly in applied algorithms, with specific interests in computational biology and networks-related problems. Current projects include:
- Pangenomic data analysis: joint with Indika Kahanda (Univ. North Florida), Thiru Ramaraj (DePaul Univ.), Alan Cleary (National Center for Genome Resources) and Joann Mudge (National Center for Genome Resources)
- Metabolic network analysis: joint with Ron June (MSU) and Ross Carlson (MSU)
- Network flow decomposition problems: joint with Lucia Williams (MSU)
- Biofilm data fusion: joint with David Millman (MSU)
- Lucia Williams, Ph.D.
- Edmund Tetteh, Ph.D.
- Buwani Manuweera, Ph.D. (co-advised with Indika Kahanda)
- Nathaniel Lane, Ph.D. (co-advised with Indika Kahanda)
Prospective graduate students with strong computer science or math background are welcome to contact me via email about potential opportunities in my lab.
- Danial Salinas, Ph.D. 2018 (Assistant Professor at Westminster College)
- Alan Cleary, Ph.D. 2018 (Research Scientist at National Center for Genome Resources)
- Sean Yaw, Ph.D. 2017 (Assistant Professor at Montana State University)
- Mohammadbagher Parsa, M.Sc. 2017 (Neuralynx, Inc.)
- Ivan Judson, Ph.D. 2013 (Microsoft)
- Thiru Ramaraj, Ph.D. 2010 (Assistant Professor at DePaul University)
- Timothy Hahn, Ph.D. 2010 (Raytheon)
- Neeraj Gurdasani, M.Sc. 2009 (Trade Risk Guarantee)
- Nathaniel Ohler, M.Sc. 2006 (Oracle)
- Vijay Raghavan, M.Sc. 2006 (Harvard Medical School)
- Alok Gondhalekar, M.Sc. 2006
- Gaurav Dawra, M.Sc. 2005 (Cisco)
- Weihua Zhang, M.Sc. 2004 (Oracle)
- Sean Lambert, M.Sc. 2004
- Rebecca Ericson, M.Sc. 2002
- Julie Taubman, M.Sc. 2001 (National Institute of Health)
(Past students: please get in touch and let me know what you’re doing)