Because computing is pervasive in today's society, a Computer Science minor complements any major and provides additional marketable skills. Starting in Fall 2008, more flexibility was added to the minor to give students more options. A Computer Science minor consists of the following 27 credits:
- Either CSCI 127, The Joy and Beauty of Data, 4 credits (offered starting in Fall 2017) or CSCI 111, Programming with Java I, 4 credits (offered through Summer 2017)
- CSCI 132, Basic Data Structures and Algorithms, 4 credits
- CSCI 232, Data Structures and Algorithms, 4 credits
- 9 upper division computer science credits
- 6 computer science credits at any level
For more information, please contact John Paxton (firstname.lastname@example.org).