Official Communication Channels
Stay up to date with information, announcements, and special events happening in the School of Computing!! We have three major channels that we use to communicate with you: Slack, Teams, and CS-Announce! (If you have ideas for other ways to communicate, please share them with the department office (email@example.com).)
To sign up for Slack, go ahead and follow the following steps:
- Follow this link: https://join.slack.com/t/montanastates-7sx9870/shared_invite/zt-lnix52ow-UE2Qk3Wa1YAa61mqc9ZyrQ
- Use your @montana.edu or @student.montana.edu email address to sign up, and update your name to your first and last name
- Finally, change your profile picture in Slack (Click on your profile icon in the top right, and select Edit Profile from the drop down) so we can have a better idea of who you are!!
- If you have issue joining, email either Sharlyn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the School of Computing Office (email@example.com) to join!!
To sign up for CS-Announce, go ahead and follow these following steps:
- Log into your preferred email address, or the email address you check daily.
- Create a new message, to the sender firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the subject line, make it the following: "subscribe cs-announce Fname Lname" with your First and Last name (case sensitive) being filled.
- Send the email, and you should receive confirmation that you were added.
Microsoft Teams Information
To sign up for Microsoft Teams, follow the following steps:
- In Google Chrome or Firefox, go to www.cs.montana.edu. Click on the "Current Students" Tab.
- Scroll down the page to the "General Student Resources" heading, and click on "Student Success Center".
- Go to the "Important Changes" heading to find a bullet that reads: "Click here for Microsoft Teams Access". If link is not there, follow it here: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3a5947c3b6e01a4e1a84345095f3f12bbe%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=3c5d5c77-d135-49e6-9484-eb0d22e593ad&tenantId=324aa97a-03a6-44fc-91e4-3846fbced113
- Select either the "Desktop App" or "Browser Verson". Browser version is faster, but Desktop has better Notification support. Note that you will need to install and launch the Desktop version before continuing on.
- After you make your choice, you will be taken to a login screen. Enter your school email address (email@example.com) in order to be taken to MSU's login page.
- After you have signed in, you will need to wait to be authorized access to post. Any professor can make the authorization, but it can take time. If it's been over 24 hours, please email Sharlyn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the School of Computing Office (email@example.com) for immediate access.