Student Success Center - Fall 2020
The tutors in our Student Success Center, Barnard Hall 259, are generally available to assist students in lower division computer science courses.
- Due to COVID-19, in-person tutoring might or might not be available during Fall 2020.
- If in-person tutoring is not possible, tutors will be available remotely. In this case, the two of you can arrange how best to proceed (e.g. e-mail, text, phone, WebEx, Skype).
- This page will be updated before Fall Semester begins.
- Click Here for Microsoft Teams Access!!
|8:00 a.m.||Joshua Anderson|
|9:00 a.m.||Joshua Anderson|| Jeremiah Oard
|10:00 a.m.||Benjamin Haedt
Faqeer ur Rehman
| Jeremiah Oard
|11:00 a.m.||Faqeer ur Rehman
Gerard Shu Fuhnwi
||Adiesha Ralalage||Anthony Nardiello
|Noon||Nic Dzomba||Adiesha Ralalage
|2:10 p.m.||Mark Mousel
|3:10 p.m.||Peng Zou||Karishma Rahman||Janet Madrid
Giorgio Morales Luna
|4:10 p.m.||Julian Rechsteiner||Prashanta Saha||Arnold Smithson
|5:10 p.m.||YaLan Yin||Prashanta Saha|
- Where is the tutoring center located? Barnard Hall 259.
- What general tips do you have for learning computer science? Read these tips.
- Who can seek help? Students taking lower division computer science courses.
- Who are the tutors? Graduate Teaching Assistants, Computer Science majors, and members of AWC and ACM.
- When is the first day of tutoring? Monday, August 24th, 2020.
- When is the last day of tutoring? Friday, November 20th, 2020.
- Is the tutoring center open on MSU holidays? No.
- Can I volunteer to tutor? Yes! It requires a minimum commitment of 2 hours per week. Please e-mail Sharlyn.Izurieta@montana.edu
- Kudos, complaints or suggestions? E-mail email@example.com
- A tutor should be able to assist with the following first year courses: CSCI 107 (The Joy and Beauty of Computing), CSCI 127 (The Joy and Beauty of Data), CSCI 132 (Basic Data Structures and Algorithms) and CS 145 (Web Design).
- Some tutors will be able to assist with the following second year courses: CSCI 112 (C), CSCI 215 (Social & Ethical Issues), CSCI 232 (Data Structures and Algorithms) and CSCI 246 (Discrete Structures).
- Tutors are not experts and are not necessarily familiar with your assignment. Students seeking help on assignments should understand the assignment well enough to explain it.
- Tutors are available to answer targeted questions and to explain general concepts. Tutors are not there to do your work for you.
- If the tutor is a teaching assistant (see names below), that person has been hired to help with a specific course. The teaching assistant will prioritize his or her time so that students in that specific course have top priority.
- Both tutors and tutees should be polite and professional.
- Send suggestions for improvement and feedback to John Paxton.
- Teaching Assistants: Nathaniel Lane (CSCI 232 - Video Chat only); Buwani Manuweera (CSCI 232 & 494); Giorgio Morales Luna (CSCI 432 & 447 - video chat only); Seraj Mostafa (CSCI 466 - video chat only); Reese Pearsall (CSCI 460); Amy Peerlinck (CSCI 440); Adiesha Liyana Ralalage (CSCI 338); Karishma Rahman (CSCI 132 - video chat only); Faqeer ur Rehman (CSCI 305 - email & video chat only); Prashanta Saha (CSCI 366 -video chat only); Gerard Shu Fuhnwi (CSCI 215); Edmund Tetteh (CSCI 204 & CSCI 331); Na'Shea Wiesner (CSCI 215CS - video only); YaLan Yin (CSCI 246); Peng Zou (CSCI 127)
- Undergraduate Course Assistants: Lealem Amedie (CS 145 - Video chat or in-person); Connie Bernard (CSCI - Video chat only); Seth Bassetti (CSCI 112); Kevin Browder (CSCI 145); Eric Kempf (CSCI 145); Hannah Madsen (CSCI 107 - Video Chat only); Greg Martin (CSCI 112); Christian Marquart (CSCI 127 - video chat only); Julian Rechsteiner (CSCI 127); Kieran Ringel (CSCI 145); Lin Shi (CSCI 127); ARnold Smithson (CSCI 107); Alan Tong (CSCI 107); Matthew Wintersteen (CS 145 - video chat or by appointment); Nick Zetterberg (CSCI 127)
- Sonderegger Tutors: Joshua Anderson (CSCI 107, 127, & 132); Nic Dzomba (CSCI 107, 127, 132 & 246); Benjamin Haedt (CSCI 107, 127 & 132 - video chat only); Janet Madrid (CSCI 112 & 132 - video or chat only); Mark Mousel (CSCI 107, 127 & 132 - Video Chat only); Anthony Nardiello (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 232, 215, CS 145 & ESOF 322); Jeremiah Oard (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 132 and 338); Arnold Smithson (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 132, 232, 246, 351, 366 & ESOF 322 - in-person and video chat).
- CSCI 495 Students: TBA
- Volunteers: TBA