Student Success Center - Spring 2021
The tutors in our Student Success Center, Barnard Hall 259, are generally available to assist students in lower division computer science courses.
- Due to COVID-19, in-person tutoring might or might not be available during Spring 2021.
- If in-person tutoring is not possible, tutors will be available remotely. In this case, the two of you can arrange how best to proceed (e.g. e-mail, text, phone, WebEx, Skype).
- This page will be updated after Spring Semester begins.
- Click Here for Microsoft Teams Access!!
- Follow these instruction to get signed up for Microsoft Teams.
|8:00 a.m.||Jeremiah Oard (IP, V)|
|9:00 a.m.||Kevin Browder (V)||Joshua Anderson (IP)||Matteo Bjornsson (V)||Jeremiah Oard (IP, V)||Lin Shi (V)|
|10:00 a.m.||Connie Bernard (IP)||Matteo Bjornsson (V)
Karishma Rahman (V)
|11:00 a.m.||Alan Tong (IP)||Anthony Nardiello (IP)
||Karishma Rahman (V)||Anthony Nardiello (IP)
Na'Shea Wiesner (V)
|Noon||Chase Boyd (IP)||Nic Dzomba (IP)
Lealem Amedie (IP)
|Nic Dzomba (IP)||Nicholas Zetterberg (V)|
|1:10 p.m.||Buwani Manuweera (V)||Mark Mousel (V)||Arnold Smithson (IP, V)
Kieran Ringel (V)
Greg Martin (V)
|Mark Mousel (V)
Buwani Manuweera (V)
|2:10 p.m.||David Hamlin (V)
Faqeer ur Rehman (V, IP)
|Kyle Webster (IP)||Kyle Webster (IP)
Dalton Gomez (V)
|Zoe Norden (IP)
Faith Nelson (IP)
Gerard Shu Fuhnwi (V)
|3:10 p.m.||Benjamin Haedt (IP)||Nate Lane (V)
Seth Bassetti (V)
|Zoe Norden (IP)|
|4:10 p.m.||Matthew Wintersteen (IP, V)
||Nate Lane (V)
|5:10 p.m.||YaLan Yin (V)||YaLan Yin (V)|
IP denotes In-Person, Barnard Hall 259. TAs/Tutors will also be available via WebEX
V denotes Virtual meetings only via WebEx and Teams, please click on the Tutor/TAs WebEx link during their office hour(s)
- Where is the tutoring center located? Barnard Hall 259.
- What general tips do you have for learning computer science? Read these tips.
- Who can seek help? Students taking lower division computer science courses.
- Who are the tutors? Graduate Teaching Assistants, Computer Science majors, and members of AWC and ACM.
- When is the first day of tutoring? Monday, January 18th, 2021.
- When is the last day of tutoring? Friday, April 23rd, 2021.
- Is the tutoring center open on MSU holidays? No.
- Can I volunteer to tutor? Yes! It requires a minimum commitment of 2 hours per week. Please e-mail Sharlyn.Izurieta@montana.edu
- Kudos, complaints or suggestions? E-mail email@example.com
- A tutor should be able to assist with the following first year courses: CSCI 107 (The Joy and Beauty of Computing), CSCI 127 (The Joy and Beauty of Data), CSCI 132 (Basic Data Structures and Algorithms) and CS 145 (Web Design).
- Some tutors will be able to assist with the following second year courses: CSCI 112 (C), CSCI 215 (Social & Ethical Issues), CSCI 232 (Data Structures and Algorithms) and CSCI 246 (Discrete Structures).
- Tutors are not experts and are not necessarily familiar with your assignment. Students seeking help on assignments should understand the assignment well enough to explain it.
- Tutors are available to answer targeted questions and to explain general concepts. Tutors are not there to do your work for you.
- If the tutor is a teaching assistant (see names below), that person has been hired to help with a specific course. The teaching assistant will prioritize his or her time so that students in that specific course have top priority.
- Both tutors and tutees should be polite and professional.
- Send suggestions for improvement and feedback to John Paxton.
- Teaching Assistants: Matteo Bjornsson (ESOF 322- V); Dalton Gomez (CSCI 232 -Tuesdays & CSCI 494-805 - Tuesdays); Kazi Hasan (CSCI 246); Nathaniel Lane (CSCI 232) - Virtual; Buwani Manuweera (CSCI 468) - Virtual); Giorgio Luna Morales; Seraj Mostafa; Karishma Rahman; Adiesha Ralalage (CSCI 347 - V); Faqeer Rehmen (CSCI 132 - IP & V); Prashanta Saha; Gerard Fungwhi Shu (CSCI 347 - V); Madhu Srinivasan; Kyle Webster (CSCI 305 - In Person); Na'Shea Wiesner (CSCI 215 - Virtual); YaLan Yin (CSCI 366 - in-person & Virtual)Peng Zou (CSCI 338 - IP &V)
- Undergraduate Course Assistants: Lealem Amedie (CS 145 - IP & V); Seth Bassetti (CSCI 127 - V); Connie Bernard (CS 145 - IP & V); Chase Boyd (CS 145 - IP & V); Kevin Browder (CS 145 - V); Nic Dzomba (CSCI 107 - IP & V); David Hamlin (CSCI 127 - V); Greg Martin (CSCI 112 - V); Mason Medina (CSCI 127); Faith Nelson; Zoe Norden; Kieran Ringel (CS 145); Lin Shi (CSCI 127 - V); Riley Slater; Alan Tong (CSCI 132 - in-person & Virtual); Zach Wadhams (CS 145); Matt Wintersteen (CSCI 112); Nick Zetterberg (CSCI 127)
- Sonderegger Tutors: Joshua Anderson (IP and V - CSCI 107, 112, 127, 132, 232 & 246); Nic Dzomba (CSCI 107, 127, 132 & 246); Benjamin Haedt (CSCI 107, 127 & 132 - Virtual); Mark Mousel (CSCI 107, 127 & 132 - Video Chat only); Anthony Nardiello (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 232, 215, CS 145 & ESOF 322); Jeremiah Oard (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 132, 232 & 338); Arnold Smithson (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 132, 232, 246, 291, & ESOF 322 - in-person and virtual).
- CSCI 495 Students: TBA
- Volunteers: TBA