Student Success Center - Fall 2021
The tutors in our Student Success Center, Barnard Hall 259, are generally available to assist students in lower division computer science courses.
- Tutors will be available from Monday, August 30th - Friday, December 10th holidays according to the schedule below with the exception of holidays.
- You can meet with tutors either in person or remotely. For remote consultation, the two of you can arrange how best to proceed (e.g. e-mail, text, phone, WebEx, Skype).
- MIcrosoft TEAMS will be available for tutoring if MSU reinstates online learning.
|8:00 a.m.||Tali Eigner||Daniel Laden||Tali Eigner|
|9:00 a.m.||Daniel Laden||Yabets Ebron(V&IP)|
|10:00 a.m.||Zachary Wadhams
|Na'Shea Wiesner (V)||Alyssa Newhart (V)
|Kazi Nazmul Hasan||Hrishikesh, Borkar (10:15 a.m.)|
|11:00 a.m.||Riley Slater
|Patrick O'Connor (V)
|Buwani Manuweera (V)||Zoe Norden
|Hrishikesh Borkar( (12:15 p.m.)|
|Noon||Josh Anderson||Reese Pearsall|
|1:10 p.m.||Reese Pearsall||Asad Noor
|2:10 p.m.||Bradley McCoy
|3:10 p.m.||Brad McCoy
|Braeden Sopp||Buwani Manuweera (V)
Collins Wright (V)
|4:10 p.m.||Karishma Rahman||Braden Sopp||Maduhusudan Srinivasan||Peng Zou
|5:10 p.m.||Chris Rosler|
|6:00 p.m.||Anthony Nardiello||David Hamlin||Anthony Nardiello||Kristoff Finley(V)|
TAs and tutors office hour(s) will be in-person.
V denotes that the TA/Tutor can also meet with students virtually. Please click on the Tutor/TAs WebEx link during their office hour(s).
- Where is the tutoring center located? Barnard Hall 259.
- What general tips do you have for learning computer science? Read these tips.
- Who can seek help? Students taking lower division computer science courses.
- Who are the tutors? Graduate Teaching Assistants, Computer Science majors, and members of AWC and ACM.
- When is the first day of tutoring? Monday, August 30th, 2021.
- When is the last day of tutoring? Friday, December 10th, 2021.
- Is the tutoring center open on MSU holidays? No.
- Can I volunteer to tutor? Yes! It requires a minimum commitment of 2 hours per week. Please e-mail Sharlyn.Izurieta@montana.edu
- Kudos, complaints or suggestions? E-mail email@example.com
- A tutor should be able to assist with the following first year courses: CSCI 107 (The Joy and Beauty of Computing), CSCI 127 (The Joy and Beauty of Data), CSCI 132 (Basic Data Structures and Algorithms) and CS 145 (Web Design).
- Some tutors will be able to assist with the following second year courses: CSCI 112 (C), CSCI 215 (Social & Ethical Issues), CSCI 232 (Data Structures and Algorithms) and CSCI 246 (Discrete Structures).
- Tutors are not experts and are not necessarily familiar with your assignment. Students seeking help on assignments should understand the assignment well enough to explain it.
- Tutors are available to answer targeted questions and to explain general concepts. Tutors are not there to do your work for you.
- If the tutor is a teaching assistant (see names below), that person has been hired to help with a specific course. The teaching assistant will prioritize his or her time so that students in that specific course have top priority.
- Both tutors and tutees should be polite and professional.
- Send suggestions for improvement and feedback to John Paxton.
- Teaching Assistants: Britney Gibbs (CSCI 331); Dalton Gomez (CSCI 432); Kazi Nazmul Hasan (CSCI 460); Daniel Laden (CSCI 338); Buwani Manuweera (CSCI 443 & CSCI 451); Bradley McCoy (CSCI 215CS); Asad Noor (CSCI 446); Adiesha Ralalage (CSCI 366); Prashanta Saha (CSCI 440); Braeden Sopp (CSCI 246); Na'Shea Wiesner (Virtual only - CSCI 232)Peng Zou (ESOF 322)
- Undergraduate Course Assistants: Josh Anderson (CSCI 127); Nic Dzomba (CSCI 127); Yabets Ebron (CS 145); Kristoff Finley (CSCI 127); David Hamlin (CSCI 127); Bowen Kruse (CSCI 127); Ara Megerdichian (CSCI CS 145); Faith Nelson (CSCI 107); Alyssa Newhart (CS 145RA); Zoe Norden (CSCI 107); Patrick O'Connor CS 145); Wesley Robbins (CSCI 112); Chris Rosler (CS 145); Lin Shi (CSCI 127); Riley Slater (CSCI 127); Sierra Stephens (CSCI 232); Alan Tong (CSCI 107); Zachary Wadhams (CSCI 112); Collin Wright (CSCI 127)
- Sonderegger Tutors: Caden Fong, Wyatt Kittelman, and Brody Schillo (CSCI 132)
- CSCI 495 Students: Tali Eigner (CSCI 107, 127, 112, 132 and 232)
- Volunteers: Anthony Nardiello (CSCI 107, 127, 132, 232, 215, 305, 331, 366, 446, 451 and ESOF 322); Reese Pearsall (CSCI 107, 112, 127, 132, 215, 232, 305, 338, 460 and CS 145)