Computer Science Student Organizations at MSU
Gianforte School of Computing Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Each year since 2012, we sponsor students to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of
Women in Computing Conference. In 2019, 15 students traveled to Houston with Sharlyn
and Clem Izurieta. Although the 2021 national conference is virtual, we hope to organize
an alternative activity. More information.
- Each year since 2016, we sponsor LGBT+ students to attend the oSTEM Conference. In
2019, 8 CS students (plus 17 other MSU students) travelled to Detroit with John Paxton.
Although the 2021 national conference is virtual, we will watch sessions from Fairmont
Hot Springs. More information.
- We periodically sponsor students to attend the Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity
in Computing Conference. Four students attended the September 2020 virtual conference.
- Every three years, we provide partial support for students to participate in a summer
study abroad trip. In 2017, 12 MSU students travelled to Vienna, Austria. The 2020
to Berlin, Germany was cancelled due to COVID-19. We will reschedule when conditions
permit! More information.
- Each year, we sponsor students to visit an out-of-state high-tech hub to learn more
about career opportunities, build community and take advantage of cultural opportunities.
In 2019, 13 students travelled to San Francisco with Dr. John Paxton. We hope to
visit Seattle in March 2022! More information.
Diversity in Computing
Diversity at Montana State University