Computer Science Student Organizations at MSU
Gianforte School of Computing Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Each year since 2012, we sponsor students to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of
Women in Computing Conference. In 2018, 18 students traveled to Houston with Dr.
Mary Ann Cummings. The 2019 conference will be in Orlando. More information.
- Each year since 2016, we sponsor LGBT+ students to attend the oSTEM Conference. In
2018, six CS students (plus ten other MSU students) travelled to Houston with Dr.
John Paxton. The 2019 conference will be in Detroit. More information.
- We periodically sponsor students to attend the Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity
in Computing Conference. In 2017, one student attended in Atlanta. More information.
- Every three years since 2005, we provide partial support for students to participate
in a study abroad trip during the first part of summer. In 2017, 12 MSU students
travelled to Vienna, Austria. In 2020, we will visit Berlin, Germany. More information.
- Each year, we sponsor students to visit an out-of-state high-tech hub to learn more
about career opportunities, build community and take advantage of cultural opportunities.
In 2019, 13 students travelled to San Francisco with Dr. John Paxton. In 2020, we
will likely visit Seattle. More information.
Diversity in Computing
Diversity at Montana State University